Sunday, August 7, 2011

First Two Weeks

Let’s see here… I came up with some lofty goals, but what have I done to work towards them?  Two weeks ago, I made a decision to make some life changes and this is what I have learned so far…
  • The food journal helps but I start to slack around Thursday and usually play “catch up” on Sunday.  I actually lost a few days in that process. 
  • This is going to take more effort on my part, both with tracking food and getting off the couch to exercise.  
  •  It’s not easy to say no to food.
  • It’s very easy to say yes to staying in bed or in the apartment (to organize). 

In the past two weeks, I ran once, and had one day of swimming in the ocean and biking.  Two days of exercise in the span of 14 days?!?!  Unacceptable. 

So this week, my goal is to work out at least 3 times.  I have a sprint triathlon on August 28th so swimming will be my focus right now since that is my weakest event.  Running is a close second so I will work that in as well. 

Slow and steady wins the race right??  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment